It's time to blog again. While I'd like to say I've been busy, I've really only been making myself busy. I visited home last weekend which was awesome. Dad made lamb for Easter Sunday, Mom and I stayed Jewish watching the Ten Commandments for four hours, and also cried our way through Toy Story 3 (beware!). I scoured the basement and took all the useful furniture and hand-me-downs I could possibly fit in my car. This included a desk, end table, three lamps, a box of dishes, some luggage, and a food processor. Score. We also went on a family trip to home depot for nuts and bolts. Mom cracked an awesome joke as she handed me our purchases.
I've been spending lots of time on craigslist, hoping to find some sweet way too cheap apartment in an awesome neighborhood. Realistically though everybody I contact asks me to just check back with them when I'm in town so it's kind of useless right now. Luckily my trip to DC is just the weekend after next so it's not too far!
Yesterday we managed to have some awesome weather. I woke up to find that it was high 70s and sunny, so I went on a bagel run with Katie and we met Sarah in the park for breakfast. Nice start to the day. Interestingly, the day took a turn for the weird when we went to Lauren's performance art show. I'll just say this - I don't understand art, probably performance art even less. However I couldn't help but admire her guts when I observed that her project consisted of her naked, suspended in a harness from the ceiling, having food spread out on her for the audience to eat. It was something about strength and endurance and the ultimate greed of society being like vultures or something. Like I said, I don't get art, but my friends are freaking cool.
Yay blogging!
ReplyDeleteNAKED??
ReplyDelete