Whoops I forgot I had a blog! Okay so here's what you missed in the past three weeks.
I went back to DC and found this SWEET NEW APARTMENT in River Place which is this awesome apartment complex in Rosslyn, VA. It's a one bedroom, has lots of space, is on a higher floor, and I am SO excited. My newest fantasy is that for a graduation present Mom and Dad might finance an IKEA-spree so I can furnish it.
Also I finished college. That's right. Done. It totally hasn't hit me yet and I've just been hanging around with friends pretending it's summer break or something. Tomorrow Sarah and I are hosting a graduation party with all our friends and it should be really fun. I sort of considered getting a keg, just as a right-of-passage kind of thing, but I came to the conclusion that I don't really have enough friends for that amount of beer. Oh well, at least I'll save the money.
Next week all the senior week events start, some of which will be really cool. On Sunday we're going up to SixFlags, where I haven't been in years. On Monday night there's Troy Night out, when all the shops stay open late downtown and there's live music and stuff. Tuesday and Wednesday we plan on ditching the events to go to Nick's vacation house in Vermont and do some beaching, bonfiring, and general outdoorsing.Then Thursday a bunch of us are going to the celebration dinner for ECSE majors. Every major gets a congratulatory dinner, but some were planned better than others. For example, the CompSci one is out in Albany, cost $40 and there isn't inclusive transportation. So instead of doing that, I'm going to be Nancy's date to her dinner which is free for student and guest, right in troy, and has an open bar. Score. Matt is taking Sarah and Adam is taking Lauren so we will all get to hang out together and have an awesome time. Then Friday Mom, Dad, Kara, Joe and Nana arrive! And then Saturday I graduate!
Everything will happen so fast. I'm sort of terrified. I've arranged my move though which is pretty key. I will have to get packed up and everything over the next couple weeks, and then I have to do my move in one big long day on the 31st. I wanted to split it up into two days, but moving companies don't do that, so whatever. I will just get a good night's sleep the night before and drive really carefully with stops. My movers are going to show up early, pack up, drive down, and unpack. So basically two weeks from today I will have already moved in. Crazy!
a box a shot!!
ReplyDeletecan't wait to see you TODAY!