Thursday, February 11, 2010

Prolog and Chocolate Milk

Is it Friday yet? Tomorrow I'm going home for the long weekend and I can't wait. Being away from campus just feels instantly relaxing. The main highlight will be going dress shopping with Mom! I really loved Dessy 2792 but Mom wasn't crazy about it. Now I'll have to prove her wrong. Next week will be awesome because due to RPI's weird rescheduling, I basically have a 5 day weekend. Since monday is off and lots of classes share a monday-tuesday schedule, they made tuesday act as a wednesday instead so I have two wednesdays in a row and wednesdays are free. Win.

I have one assignment still due this week that's keeping me from declaring it Friday already. It's this annoying programming project in Prolog, which is this weird nonsensical programming language that has horrible structure and I can't seem to understand why someone would use it over Object Oriented Anything. I think I'm doing really well in everything else though. Java is awesome and Perl is ok (the professor moves too fast), Operating Systems was canceled this week but i think I aced last week's homework. I'm in Intro to Logic as I write this and the professor is going over how to use this weird software that the class is structured around, but it looks pretty easy. I will probably drop Fortran. I went to the first few lectures and it's kind of cool that it's the first compiled languge and the professor is Jewish and all, but really there is no reason for me to take it and i can spend my time on better things.

Off topic, I've been on a chocolate milk kick lately. Probably too long for it to still be called a kick. Is it bad if I'm basing my grocery shopping around when I run out of it? I don't even like milk. Maybe I'm lacking Vitamin D?

3 comments:

  1. Something tells me your feelings about milk are similar to your feelings about potatoes.

    I love Dessy 2972. It has been my favorite all along. I also like After Six 6535 and Dessy 2716. Please text me pics and call when you go shopping with Mom.

    Java rules. I am also loving that class. Eff Fortran.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, what are my feelings about potatoes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. you claim not to like them but secretly do

    ReplyDelete