Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Back again... for now

I haven't blogged in forever. Oops, so much for starting again. I can probably assume all three of my readers have lost interest by now, but I'll try anyway.

This week has been good. Better than before. I'll refrain from talking too much about before because too many people know about this blog, but I'll say that it was never what I thought it was, and I know this was the right thing.

Sarah and I are back on apartment hunting. We saw a place on Sunday that we really liked and would have seriously considered before we saw the lease. The landlord prefaced showing it to us by explaining that things may seem strict but he is just trying to protect himself. Among the strict policies were no guests after 11pm, no alcohol ever, no pets (even fish!), and most of all tenant is responsible for all maintenance and repairs. Pff, no thanks! I wrote him a nicely worded email explaining why many of his conditions were downright inappropriate. We're seeing another place tonight, crossing our fingers for better luck.

In other news, I rearranged my classes some. After deciding that Investments would be far more difficult and time consuming than even my major classes, I decided to drop it and pick something else. Unfortunately it's late in the semester for registering so pretty much any classes that would fill requirements for me were filled. But since I have free electives to burn and still have pretty limited flexibility when it comes to programming languages, I decided to take Java and Perl, each of which are 2-credit courses. Not only will these give lots of weight to my resume, they will be really fun! I had Java yesterday and I'm already excited for Perl on Thursday. Nerd alert.

2 comments:

  1. we can learn Java together!! this is so exciting. I have my first program due in a few weeks. I <3 programming.

    that landlord is an idiot. eff that apartment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choices Nikki!
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete