Thursday, March 19, 2009

Nobody likes waiting

According to Nana, I'm overdue for a blog update. When your grandmother is more up to date with the internets than you are, something must be wrong.

Last week was spring break, which was pleasingly relaxing and unproductive. We went to the city for the weekend and saw Jersey Boys which was amazing. It took over a week for me to get "Walk Like a Man" and "Big Girls Don't Cry" out of my head, but I think I've finally moved on. During the week Adam came up to visit. We hung out in Newburyport and went bowling before ultimately realizing that Merrimac is pretty dull. His visit was lots of fun, but the downside to having him meet Mom and Dad was them finding out that he got a good internship for the summer. Consequently, I spent the rest of the week editing my resume and applying to upwards of 15 jobs that I am heavily underqualified for. Hopefully somebody messes up and hires me.

I did get a phonecall from one of the companies I applied to this morning. I was in class when she called and had to leave a message when I returned it, so the suspense is now killing me. It's an unpaid internship with a 45 minute commute so it's way less than ideal, but a confidence boost if nothing else.

Otherwise, this week has been pretty uneventful at RPI. I had a heavy workload before the break so it has been smooth sailing the past few days. I found out that I got a 98 on my finance miderm and an A on my philosophy paper. My comporg exam resulted in an unsatisfying 79, but I guess I can't be awesome at everything. So far my grades are looking like A's in Finance and Philosophy, B in DSA, probably B+ or A- in Economics, and a big fat C in Comporg. Attempts for improvement will be made.

On Tuesday we went up to the mall because Adam needed a new phone, which was predictably way more exciting for me than anybody else. He got the Motorola Z6 which was discontinued and thus free, plus way cooler than his krazr. But yes, I realize no one cares but Kara. When we got back I was coerced into playing touch football for a short amount of time because it was too nice to do anything inside. Most of us (including me) had no classes yesterday so we had a small St. Patrick's day celebration consisting of the LOST board game, Monopoly, and beer pong, all-in-all resulting in a fun night. Tonight there's a free screening of Adentureland in the DCC. I hope I get out of work in time to go.

I'll be sure to update if I get a call back on that internship!

3 comments:

  1. that phone is lame, but free is good, so I'll let it slide.

    maybe you'd get more callbacks if you used ANY of my resume edits. for that I have no sympathy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, in case you weren't paying attention, the news was that I DID get a phonecall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, so whats the internship for?

    ReplyDelete