Mondays are so busy. Having 8 hours of class doesn't really sink in until the end of the day when you have to sit down and do homework. My day consists of Finance, DSA, Philosophy, homework, dinner, lab TAing, and homework.
I'm starting to like my finance class a little more. The professor is still a jerk and I'm sure I'll never be able to answer his questions "intelligently", but I can admit that he does teach it well. I'm able to follow and keep up with everything and I think I can actually do well in it. DSA is another story though. I started the first homework assignment tonight and I'm completely stuck. The begining of the course is supposed to be the easiest, and I'm just lost. I might go to drop-in tutoring Wednesday night if I can't figure out the homework by then. I wish I was one of those nerdy nasally-sounding kids who understands everything. Philosophy of Science is still awesome. Today we talked about the matrix and how we can or cannot prove that things are real. It's such a relief to have a class where we sit around talking after four hours of heavy note taking.
After class I spent some time teaching myself Unix commands so that I can navigate the computer science network remotely and submit homework assignments for Computer Organization. It's weird at first, having to remember directory names and type every command without having more of an interface to work with, but once I got started I got into it. Everything is really intuitive and I understand why they make us use it.
To end my dreafully long day, I spent another two hours TAing for Computer Science. It sucks that it has to be on my longest day, but I actually really like doing it. It's an easy job and I'm good at explaining programming. I can't wait for my first paycheck!
This past weekend was pretty good. Somehow we managed to go to only bad parties, but still had fun. Friday Sarah, Nick, and I went out to eat with Lauren, Nick, Nancy, and Alex, and then to a party that a friend of Alex was having. The party was kind of lame, mostly because we didn't really know the people there, so we went back and hung out with everybody at RAHPs and had a much better time. Saturday night we went to a party at Acacia because our friend Hareesh was DJing, but as it turned out we were pretty much the only non-fraternity members there so we didn't stay long. Instead we went to a party at Lauren's boyfriend Nick's house. It was kind of funny because the party had been being planned on facebook for months and Nancy nagged us about going, and when we showed up there were a maximum of about 12 people there. Somehow the party was a total bust, but it worked out because everyone who showed up were friends of ours so it was a lot of fun. Sometimes bad parties work out I guess.
please don't become a nerdy nasally-sounding kid.
ReplyDeletebut they know EVERYTHING!
ReplyDelete