Wednesday, January 21, 2009

01/20/2009

I'm so excited that Mom and Dad got to attend the Inauguration today, not to mention an Inaugural Ball. It must have been incredible. RPI as a university is typically uninterested in politics, and while there was little conversation about the inauguration as expected, I did glance over many shoulders and see more CNNLive than Facebook on laptops which really says a lot. I watched bits and pieces of President Obama's speech in the Computer Science office as I filled out tax forms for my TA job, but sadly I missed getting the full live viewing experience. I got lunch with Nick and then we watched the speech on my laptop as soon as CNN posted it. Despite the fact that the video was having immense access overload causing terrible lagging and the inability to select full-screen mode, I was still incredibly moved by his speech and by the crowds of people spanning farther than the camera could catch. Literally an entire percentage of our country gathered in one place to witness this, and that alone is amazing. I hope the next four years are as full of change as they promise to be.

Edit: Mom and Dad look so cute at the Inaugural Ball together! It makes me miss home. Maybe I will visit some weekend and go to the dentist and get my skiis.

1 comment: