Today I have a meeting with a management adviser to see if I can create a major that doesn't exist yet. RPI offers a minor in finance and a major in management with a finance concentration, but neither of those are what I want to do. I'm going to talk to the student services adviser to see if I can take the finance minor as a major and dual that with my computer science. I hope it works out.
TAing last night was wicked easy and I'm actually really glad I get to do it. I basically sit and do nothing until a student has a question, which last night tended to consist of "Oh, I didn't initialize that? Whoops." Easiest job ever. I'm working under a grad student named You, who seems pretty laid back. He did his undergrad work in China and asked me if every American university was this hard. I lol'ed.
Right now I'm in Computer Organization and while maybe I should be paying attention, blogging seems so much more productive. My professor is currently reviewing binary number manipulation and C Programming. Yawn. This class is kind of homework heavy, but the topics look really easy as long as you keep up with the readings. The professor seems cool; he wears jeans and talks like a nerd. Maybe I would approach him for a study-abroad reccomendation.
No comments:
Post a Comment