Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Data Structures & Ahhhhhh!

Since yesterday, I think I've come to the conclusion that doing a dual major in management is NOT worth it, especially since my interests lie more in finance than management. I can get a good minor and probably be just as hireable. It's a bummer that RPI doesn't actually offer a finance major, but what can you do.

Another unfortunate conclusion I've come to is that I am completely lost in DSA. I follow everything in class, but attempting half of the first homework assignment has immediately humbled me. The good news is that I finally made a friend in my major ('bout time!) and we split up the assignment so that it's not so intimidating. Despite that it's half as long, I'm still at a standstill on a few parts. I swear mathematical proofs and matrices have it out for me. Tonight will be a long night.

I realized this too late since I don't work again until after DSA class tomorrow, but the other guy I TA with on Mondays and Thursdays is actually a DSA tutor and TA as well. I haven't really talked to him, but maybe this is a good incentive to be friendly. I get the feeling that I'm going to need a wicked lot of help in this class.

2 comments:

  1. You should definately seek out help! Don't sit on this and hope the class will suddenly become clear. Words to the wise from someone who made that mistake in statistics. I never recovered!

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I remember correctly, you recovered by retaking the class. I don't really have the credit hours for that, so I will definitely seek out help when necessary. Thanks for commenting Mom!

    ReplyDelete