Friday, January 30, 2009
Better than Freedom
I set up direct deposit for my checks from TAing, and the suspense of when it will hit my bank account is killing me. So much, in fact, that I looked up my pay stub information online to see how much I get. It looks like I get paid $10/hr bi-weekly, which is an $80 check. Sweet. And somehow I'm also tax exempt? When I was filling out information to get on payroll it seemed that I met all of the conditions to be exempt from NY State tax (being a full time student and not having any tax liabilities from NY for the previous or upcoming year). I hope I'm correct and will not get caught for tax fraud. The other awesome part is I get paid for a two-hour shift regardless of how long lab takes. Yesterday it actually took the full two hours, but it was the first time thus far, meaning that I'm being paid for at least four or five hours that I haven't worked. Score. I hope I can do this again next year. It's actually really enjoyable and if I didn't object to the concept of working for academic credit so much, I might have done it without pay.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
if the IRS is spending resources going after your $40/week paycheck then we have bigger problems.
ReplyDeleteYou're right on the money Kara!
ReplyDeleteMom