I love being back at school. Being home was awesome and I had lots of fun with Mom and Kara last weekend, but I was totally done with winter break.
So far I've had all my classes and I think I like most of them. Data Structures and Algorithms seems pretty cool. It pretty much transitions you from programming to algorithm development and "thinking like a computer scientist". Managerial Finance is kind of a drag, a useful class but not very interesting to learn about. Plus there are team projects. Ugh, shoot me. I actually really like Philosophy of Science though. This is the first non-technical class I've had here and I think it will be pretty interesting. I actually went out and bought the book immediately after attending the class, so that's got to say something about it. Managerial Economics seems ok too. I think I will be able to do much better in it than I did in Intro to Economics because the tests are only 60% so I should be able to cover any screw ups with good homework and lab grades. Computer Organization was also not bad, sort of boring but not very demanding. Yesterday we learned about binary numbers. Thrilling!
What I'm more excited about is that Kara booked train tickets to come visit RPI in February. I can't wait to show her to all my friends. Now I just have to figure out stuff we can do together.
haha "show me to all of your friends"
ReplyDeletewhat is this, show and tell?