Two more days of work and I'm done here forever (hopefully)! I'm still telling myself that same shpiel about getting an internship this summer and being productive with my time off, but inside I'm terrified that it's way too late for that and I'm going to be stuck making my miserable $8/hr at this job that I've come to hate. I'm so afraid of it happening that I've avoided facing it and have thus avoided avoiding it. Why do I let this happen?
2008 was a great year, but I can't help but realize that it went by way too fast and I didn't do nearly as much as I could have. Sure, I finished my first year of school, experienced skydiving, started my second year, visited Canada, declared my major (finally), and of course had an amazing trip to Israel, but considering the time that elapsed in between, I feel like so much was wasted. I spent 3 whole months of the summer sitting in the same chair I'm in now, being as bored as I am now. It just feels like such a waste. This job is like a relationship you can't get out of because there isn't a reason other than that you're bored. I don't want to do this again.
This entry is bumming me out (and probably you too) so I'm going to stop it here and just not write the same things next year.
The cell phone store is certainly a love-hate relationship, but I don't remember going through quite as much hate as you seem to be experiencing. Then again, I think you finally have me beat for number of years (and thus hours) working at JC...Freedom...whatev.
ReplyDeleteThat said, you should definitely get an internship! It's not too late. You're barely half way through school. Start looking once the semester begins and figure out how to get a relevant job/internship. I never did relevant stuff over the summer, but I did do a few internships during the school year. In my experience, they only required 8-10 hours a week and were unpaid, but that's not much time so it was worth it.