Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Pies are better than phones

It's Christmas Eve day and I'm at work. Sitting here with no customers and staring across the street at the ridiculous line outside Piro's Bakery really brings me back to the old Nextel days. It seems that everyone is in need of cakes and pies today, not cell phones, which is fine by me. I'm hoping that the store is dead and I can go home early today. I do want to make money, but I'd be just as happy to have the day off and sit by the fire reading. Oh well, I guess you can't have it all. And of course, there is another upside. At least Mom's not working.

2 comments:

  1. I remember back in the day when I worked at Nextel and Brit worked at Piro's. I'd look across the street on Christmas Eve and feel so bad for her because it was so crazy and so good for myself because it was so dead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the link should work now....my Nokia 1208 is this lame.

    ReplyDelete