Monday, December 15, 2008

One Away

Day 8 - I'm so close to being done that it's torture. Days 6 and 7 were spent alternating between studying and forgetting to study entirely. Lauren had a party Saturday night and it was really fun to hang out with everybody before winter break. In retrospect it was probably a bad idea because I slept through half of Sunday, but I did manage to get some studying done in the afternoon. Today I'm isolating myself from everything except my Economics book (and of course my laptop). I have three chapter to go and I think I will actually do pretty well on my final. The material is easy, and actually pretty interesting. I'm having end-of-semester regret for not trying harder all year. I succumbed to the tendency of devoting all my attention to the class I thought was the hardest and not enough to the class I could have (and should have) aced. But I guess all I can do at this point is try to ace the final and not do this again.

The top of my to-do list for next semester is to talk to someone about study-abroad. I decided I definitely want to do it next spring instead of the following fall. Unfortunately, this means I won't be able to get an apartment with Sarah next year because I'll only be here for half the year. This sucks, because I was looking forward to living with her and North Hall blows, but a new alternative to squatting my room may be to sublet Lauren's apartment while she does a co-op. If we end up being gone opposite semesters, this would be pretty sweet because her apartment is awesome. We're talking bed, bath, kitchen, and living room, not to mention laundry. I have to admit I'd be a little nervous about living by myself, but it's not like I wouldn't have friends around. This obviously requires more thought and discussion with Mom and Dad, but I'm secretly hoping it works out.

Other exciting news is that my webcam arrived in the mail today. Now I can gchat with Kara and Sassy! I can't wait to go pick it up and try it out.

2 comments:

  1. yesss....gchat rules!

    you should definitely sublet her apartment if you can. you already live by yourself, so it wouldn't be much different, except you'd have super sweet accommodations and I could even come stay with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're secretly hoping? The secret's out!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete