Day 5 - Snow Day!!!
Ok, not really. I guess I can't expect them to cancel finals just because the entire campus is covered by a half inch sheet of ice, but I won't argue with a 2 hour delay. Today was RPI's first use of the RPI Alert System, used to efficiently notify all students of something important happening on campus. I have to say I was impressed by how well the system worked. At 7:45am, every student with a cell phone number on record got a text message saying that exams would be delayed two hours. Following this message, there was an automated phone call, an email, and big signs on all the bathroom doors in the dorm. I unplugged my land line due to telemarketers so I can't say for sure, but I bet those phones were called too. Needless to say, this was much more well done than the TV broadcasts of my old public schools. It also bodes well for the hopefully unlikely event that there is actually an emergency that they need to tell us about.
So, as a result of this madness, my 11:30 final has been pushed to 1:30 and I got to sleep in. Right now I'm at the library with Nick, each studying different things and occasionally interrupting each other with something irrelevant. I am somehow way less stressed about Compsci than I was about Discrete Structures, and I can't tell if that's good or bad. I guess it's mostly because my grade is way less affected by this exam. Realistically, I need to get like a 95% for the final to bring me up to an A, and anything above a 55% will leave me with my B. I did however just receive my grade for the last homework assignment, on which I totally lost all motivation and did half the work I should have, and somehow I got a 50/50 on it! Sweet! Someone must have gotten tired of grading...
No comments:
Post a Comment