Monday, November 24, 2008
Compress That!
I'm so happy this morning. Not because I got to sleep in, or even because I only have a two day week ahead of me. I'm thrilled because I actually got my compsci assignment to work last night. I had to write a program that compressed an image into a black and white binary image, and two much smaller images holding the pixel colors and a function of where they go in the original image. I was completely intimidated by this homework because we've never done anything with images before and it was really hard to understand how to make a function into an image but oh my god I did it. You have no idea how excited I got when I saw that same stupid little car test image re-appear upon decompressing it. This was the first time I've actually been able to perfectly complete one of the tougher assignments that everyone hates. I'm not sure, but I think I may have accidentally done the extra credit too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
that's awesome!!
ReplyDeleteso I think I will try to come home Jan 7-11. I asked my boss if that would be ok. I'll let you know!