Thursday, November 13, 2008

bool productive = false;

I'm feeling so boring right now. I don't have class until 4pm today, and am pretty much doing nothing in the interim. I can't start my compci homework because I haven't learned enough about hash tables yet to understand it, and it's not due for a week anyway. Sadly, I have no current book obsession either. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest looked promising, but I just can't get myself into it. I think Eugenides' writing was just so superior that I can't deal with a stream-of-consciousness narrative immediately after. Maybe when I go home for Thanksgiving break I'll grab Pillars of the Earth from Mom. When I have no book or programming to occupy myself, I just play way too much minesweeper. Right now I'm trying to beat the expert level without using flags.

The other night we had a viking themed dinner at Lauren's, which consisted of ribs, potatoes, mead, and no silverware. I asked for a viking hat as well, to fully get into the spirit, but I guess they didn't have those at Wal-mart. After dinner we learned casino games and gambled with fake money.

I'm wicked excited for Canada this weekend. I've never been, and it's going to be awesome. Hopefully I won't blow too much money.

2 comments:

  1. Mead is wine made from fermented honey, popular in the 12th Century. You never read Beowulf?

    ReplyDelete