I have concluded that November will be an amazing month. Not only has it begun with Obama winning the election and will end with seeing everybody for Thanksgiving, but in the middle there will be my first trip to Canada! Lauren has some game design nerd-fest conference to go to in Montreal, so we decided to join her for the previous weekend. The group will be me, Nick, Lauren, her boyfriend Nick, Nancy, her boyfriend Alex, and two or three other guys Lauren knows from game design club. We got hotel rooms for wicked cheap (like $25 a night) and it's not even a hostel. I'm so excited. The weekend will most likely consist of sight-seeing, pub-crawling, and occasionally saying "Eh".
Halloween was also pretty fun. I dressed up as a lumberjack. No seriously, I did. Combine jeans, boots, a flannel shirt, and a homemade ax and you've got a kick-ass $5 costume. Our group on Thursday consisted of a lumberjack, a pirate, Jack Frost, a carpenter, and Thomas the Tank Engine. On Friday the group thinned out to just me, the lumberjack, and Nick the carpenter, but it was still a lot of fun.
Today I've been working on my compsci homework (for a change), but this assignment is actually pretty cool. The program mimics online communities like Facebook and Myspace by creating a class of people with the ability to link friendships and send messages back and forth. As much as I complain about this class, I really do like the way it's structured. The assignments, while being wicked annoying, are actually pretty applicable to what I'd imagine doing with my degree. I think I'd like working with websites, not in the same design sense that Kara does, but more with like the structure and implementation of applications. But then, I also kind of want to work with money. I hope I figure out how to do both.
No comments:
Post a Comment