Last night I went to class 1 of 2 of the Driver Improvement Program at AAA. What a joke. First of all, my classmates were 100% women and elderly people, which only justifies the notion that neither group should be driving. That, by itself, was a little funny. As the class progressed, it only got better. The instructor asked "What are the 3 most dangerous months to be driving?". My guess was winter months, it turned out to be summer, but the girl next to me yelled out "Holidays!". Sorry ma'm, but that's not a month (or a series of three). Other entertainment included an old guy in front of me muttering "bullshit" whenever the instructor talked about how to hold the steering wheel and when to check your blind spots. Combine that with over-dramatic teenage crash videos and all-in-all it was much better than I expected.
After class I safely drove at a respectable speed (after I corrected my side-view mirrors) to get back in time for South Park at RAHPs. It was an enjoyable night.
Even better than that, when I get back to my dorm that night, the room next to me has an alarm going off. First of all, it's midnight and you're weird for having an alarm at that time (Cihan, anyone?), and second of all, does your alarm clock have to play trumpets? Like seriously, is that what you need to wake up to? At midnight? And if you're going to set an annoying as all hell trumpet alarm for late at night, can you at the very least be in your room to shut it off? I went to bed at 2:30 and it was still going. Loudly. Thank god when I woke up this morning she had either returned and shut it off or someone had the same feelings as me and broke into her room to shut it off and burn her possessions (ok, not really).
To add some sincerely good news: I have no class today! My one 4pm class got canceled because the professor is out of town or something. I've been pampering myself with hot tea and an hour of sitting around before even putting my contacts in or showering. It has been wonderful. Other good news is I'm visiting Kara the weekend after next! I'm driving down Friday night to hang out and see Joe's improv comedy show and then keep her company for the weekend while Joe takes my car to go campaign in Pennsylvania for McCain. According to Dad, I'm supporting the two-party system by lending my car out for republican purposes, so it's OK. My friends told me to deck my car out with ridiculously liberal democratic bumper stickers, which would be amazingly funny and mean at the same time. I won't do it, but I'll wish I had.
Ok, time to wake up and study compsci. Wish me luck on exam 2 tomorrow!
AHAHAHA this entry is too funny. I was laughing out loud (truly LOLing). Your drivers ed class sounds awful and awesome at the same time.
ReplyDeleteI would be pissed if my neighbor's trumpet alarm was going off during the night. That's bullshit. You should leave a note on her door and say, "Thanks for keeping me up all night with your trumpet alarm. You've inspired me to get a drum kit and play it on the hour, every hour."
p.s. I love your profile picture!!
ReplyDeleteyou have the best ideas
ReplyDelete