Thursday, October 2, 2008

I can haz voter registration?

Today is glorious. My first class is at 4pm. Normally, this entire morning would be consumed by compsci office hours and yelling about my homework, but this week I finally finished my assignment early and have a relaxing morning ahead. I think I'll do some laundry, get breakfast, maybe read a little of my accounting book for fun. For those who don't know, "fun" is synonymous with "I have a test Monday".

Last night was register to vote night at North Hall. I took it upon myself to physically force my friends to go downstairs and register. I find it so surprising that no so many people here feel as apathetic about politics as I feel about football. When Nick tries to explain to me what a first down is and why the Jets might actually do good this year, I usually either tune him out or politely inform him that I don't understand or care, but that's mostly because football doesn't affect me. The election does. After watching most of the debate on CNN.com and reading the transcript of the rest, I feel extremely confident about voting democratically. I think that there is truth to the fact that Obama is inexperienced compared to past presidential candidates, but I agree with his priorities about economic and foreign policy much more than I do with McCain's. I hope that as it gets closer to voting day people get more interested.

On a side note, I can't wait to come home this weekend! I miss Mom and Dad and can't wait to see them. The other good news is that I have no 8am class tomorrow due to the opening of EMPAC. This is the building our president spent some $200 billion on and a big part of why everyone hates Shirley Ann. That and her enormous salary. Some of my friends are in the planning stage of making T-Shirts with a picture of Shirley saying "I got yo money" or something equally amazing.

2 comments:

  1. youtube Bill O'Reilly's interview with Obama....pretty interesting

    ReplyDelete
  2. if you're looking for more information you should definitely talk to Dad... but maybe you should also talk to Joe... get the best of both worlds and then make up your mind

    ReplyDelete