The good news is that I did better on my Discrete Structures test than I thought. What I expected to be just above 60% (having correctly answered 3 out of the 5 questions) turned out to be an 89%! Gotta love partial credit. Thank god all my high school teachers screaming about showing all my work really sunk in, because I turned out to be closer to the correct answers in both of the tougher questions than I thought. Sweet. I'm pretty sure I aced the quiz I had yesterday too, so right now I think my grade is pretty solid in that class.
The bad news is I did worse on my Economics test than I thought. 73%. Multiple choice sucks. It's not that I didn't understand the material. I get market flow and elasticity and laws of supply and demand, I just suck at recalling specific lines and definitions from the text. Now that I know he tests more on memorization than concept understanding, I'll know how to study better for the next test. I'm not too worried about this affecting my long term grade though. The grading structure is pretty much identical to that of the Gen. Psych. course I took last year. Looking back at those tests, I saw that I managed to get an A- in the class despite the fact that my first test grade was also a C. Worst case scenario I'll take the optional Economics final to have that grade replace this one.
The other good news is I have already finished my comp sci homework for this week and it's only Tuesday! Not only that, I also did the extra credit! This assignment was to create a data structure that models a kitchen with ingredients and recipes and have the program accept commands to add recipes to the kitchen, make recipes, add ingredients, and print stuff. The extra credit was to have it suggest things to make based on the kitchen contents. I started it Sunday and finished it yesterday. I kick ass at programming.
this entry makes me never want to go back to school.
ReplyDeletewhat the hell. i thought i was being upbeat.
ReplyDeleteyour friend friended me.
ReplyDeleteyou should feel honored
ReplyDeleteoh, I am.
ReplyDeleteyes you can borrow Middlesex.
did you ever find out if you were connected?