Thursday, October 23, 2008

Gotta love that curve

Is it weird that I'm sitting in Adam and Nick's living room by myself? Nick went to billiards club, Sarah went to dance, and Adam and the rest of the boys went to a soccer game. It appears that I'm the only one without some kind of extracurricular activity. Granted, I could have gone to billiards club with Nick, but I need to finish my compsci homework because it's due in three hours. It's a shame I'm such a devoted student.

I went to office hours at 11am this morning only to realize that my entire algorithm made no sense and I needed to start over. Talk about a punch in the face. I spent 5, yes 5, hours with two different TAs trying to complete the assignment and despite my incredible programming skills, still failed to do so. I've got to think that this homework will be curved though. I may have been the only person who legitimately pulled the 11am-4pm session, but there were a ridiculous number of people who came in with similar issues and stayed almost as long trying to fix them. I might just submit what I have, since each homework is worth 3% of the grade, and I've had A's on all the others.

While still on the subject of compsci slowly eating the souls of students, I got my exam grade back yesterday. I got a 65%, which according to the estimated curve is a B-. Seriously. The highest grade was an 83% and the class average was a 61.5%. Oh Professor Cutler, how we loathe your syllabus.

I'd also like to add that the reason I'm here in the boys' living room instead of my dorm room is because my room currently lacks heat. Now don't misunderstand. Our heat was finally turned on this past Monday. However, on Tuesday my radiator started making these ridiculously loud clicking-clanking noises whenever turned past level 2. I tried everything (including kicking it really hard) to make it stop, but to no avail it remains obnoxious, and my room remains cold. Hopefully RPI Fixx will follow up on the promise they made via email to fix it.

I'm sure it's unnecessary to declare how excited I am to visit Kara and Joe this weekend. Sarah and John are going to be in the city Friday night too, so it will definitely be a good time. I can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. holy smokes I can't wait to see you!!

    that sucks about your radiator

    ReplyDelete