Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I'm leaking memory

Why am I sick? This sucks. It's not even winter yet.
Post-test-failure my day has consisted of sniffling and programming, with a little minesweeper to mix things up. Right now I'm at RAHPs (Nick and Adam's apartment) watching Dancing with the Stars. How this happened, I can't say. I got through tomorrow's compsci lab so that I can ask homework questions during lab instead of working through the solution there. My homework assignment this week is to create an object that is a vector of dynamically allocated arrays that has the ability to undo its actions. The tricky part is not using too much memory since dynamically allocating something means creating a section of permanent memory that doesn't disappear on its own when it becomes irrelevant. The whole assignment is basically an inefficient two-dimensional vector, but it's supposed to teach us about pointers and memory and crap. This topic has been hard for me because it's just harder to visualize things. Right now my memory is leaking. Gross.
The rest of my night will most likely consist of more minesweeper and sniffling, economics, and nyquil. In that order.

1 comment: