Thursday, September 18, 2008

I've only got the sunny hours

My incessant blogging spree seems to have ended. I realized today that I have all these partial entries that I started but didn't finsh and got saved automatically by blogspot. The last one was started in the middle of the night monday when I was studying for the compsci test I had tuesday. I tried to pull an all-nighter, but it just didn't happen. I ended up doing really well on the test though. I got a 79%! While this sounds terrible, you should know that the highest grade was an 87% so with the curve my grade is like an A-. When I saw that the average was a 73%, I was expecting somewhere in the 60s and I was thrilled when I saw my grade.

In general I've been feeling really good lately. I'm attending and understanding all of my classes, hanging out with friends, and overall just being very stress-free which is a big deal at this school. Maybe it's because I'm not an engineer. I'm really enjoying my major though. Now that we've gotten past pointless proofs in Discrete Structures (the ones that literally said "if p makes r true and q makes r true, prove that either p or q can make r true") I'm actually not hating the class. Yesterday we learned proofs by induction and I was like woah, woah wait a minute, this is just recursion without a computer. Then I punched myself in the face for saying something so nerdy.

This weekend I'm going away with Sarah and Nick to a concert somewhere in Vermont. I don't know much about it other than that the band is called Carbon Leaf and we're staying at Sarah's house in Saranac. We're also meeting up with Sarah's boyfriend Garth and one of his friends. Should be fun. Next weekend is my birthday weekend which has been planned to consist of going to a house party on Friday that some of Lauren's friends are having. They call their house the Thunderdome, and with a name like that you can't throw a bad party. On Saturday if all goes as planned we're having lobsters at Lauren's apartment which will be amazing. And on Sunday I will rest. Then the following weekend I'm going home! Ahh, I can't wait. Maybe Dad will cook some salmon and Mom and I can drink milkshakes.

4 comments:

  1. this entry was awesome. RPI is such a good fit for you. who knew you were such a nerd?

    maybe Dad will cook steak...and what the hell, Mom has never had a milkshake with ME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what?? mom is NOT allergic to milkshakes. you make no sense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. try telling her that. she coughs because they're cold and claims she's allergic.

    ReplyDelete