Saturday, September 13, 2008

But really? 34?

To begin with, I LOVE my external hard drive that Mom and Dad got me for my birthday. It's so little and cute, and it has SO much space. Backing up all my files only took 12G. Now I will never lose anything ever again, and theres a whole lot of computer stuff I can do if I want to become really nerdy. On the small scale, I can steal Nick's 20+GB of music that he has compiled from all his friend's libraries. On the larger scale, I can dual boot operating systems and learn Linux because there's so much more you can do with it. For example, Nick read my iPod in Linux and was able to get all of the music Windows wouldn't recognize because it hates being compatible with Apple products.
Aside from the excitement of my early birthday present, things are pretty tame. I just got back from Home Depot and food shopping with Sarah, Nick, and Adam and now I need to start doing work. I have a quiz in Discrete Structures on Monday and a test in Computer Science on Tuesday. My CS professor posted practice problems online for us, which is great aside from the fact that there are 34 pages of them. Seriously? Do I really need to know 34 pages of material for one test that couldn't possibly be this long? Wow, shoot me in the face.
On the upside, Lauren in making us dinner again. Scallops wrapped in bacon with some kind of broccoli/asparagus starter. Yum.

1 comment:

  1. your hard drive looks pretty sweet. mine is only 80G which is almost useless at this point because my laptop has 250G....how I'm supposed to back up a 250G hard drive on an 80G hard drive I don't know.

    but I refuse to buy a new one until I can afford one of these.

    ReplyDelete