Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Texas hold 'em is my game

In response to Kara's blog, I'm back at school and I've stopped reading. It's sad, but I'm over it. As much as I love reading, I love even more the fact that I'm busy enough that I can't. I've been spending the greater portion of my in-between-classes time working on the first assignment for Computer Science II. It's really just a programming review, but an entirely necessary one for me. The assignment is to take a text file and output that text in the form of a certain shape bordered by asterisks to another text file. It sucks that my hard drive died over the summer and I lost all my notes and projects from last semester. Looking at those would have saved all the time I spent figuring out that I needed a 2-D array. I was pretty angry when I realized how easy it should have been and how frustrated I got trying to code it line by line. And now that my program runs and compiles, I can't submit it! The submission page is entirely different from last year and doesn't like me at all. Hopefully my TA will be helpful when I go to his office hours on Thursday.
Yesterday I went into Albany with Lauren, Nancy, and her boyfriend Alex. He was getting a tattoo and needed a ride, and it provided an opportunity to hang out with Lauren and Nancy. He got a pair of oars on his back because he's really into the crew team. Personally, I don't think I could ever see myself getting a tattoo, but he liked it. The tattoo place was on a street that didn't have parking, and when I tried to park at the Dunkin Donuts around the corner the owner yelled at me. He then noticed my license plate and asked me where in Massachusetts I was from. Conveniently he also grew up in Methuen and told me I could stay as long as I wanted. Sweet! We waited for Alex to get his tattoo and then he bought us dinner.
Later, I joined in on a poker game up at Nick and Adam's apartment. I actually played much better than I expected and won two hands. I haven't played poker in years, so I'd say it was a success.
I like that everyone still hangs out even though we don't live together.

No comments:

Post a Comment