Sunday, August 31, 2008

Long weekends are my favorite kind of weekend

It sucks that everyone is home this weekend without me. I actually thought about coming home on Friday because a large amount of people left RPI, but I'm glad I stayed. Nick went to his Vermont house, Adam went to visit a friend at Skidmore, and Harsha went home, so it left Sarah, Pete, other Pete, and I with lacking entertainment. For the purpose of this blog, I think I need to differentiate between Petes. The most commonly used labels have become Guitar Pete (the one that used to date Lauren and also plays guitar) and Halo Pete (Harsha's roommate who is kind of a tool and plays too much Halo). Anyway, Halo Pete suggested that we watch a movie, and Sarah and I came up with the brilliant idea of going food shopping and then going to Nick and Adam's apartment without them to make use of their kitchen and plethora of movies. Our night consisted of The Big Lebowski, drinks, Happy Gilmore, pizza rolls, and Lucky Number Slevin which I fell asleep for. A good time was had by all.
Yesterday Sarah, Guitar Pete, and I went to the horse racetrack in Saratoga. We met Adam there and spent the afternoon making dollar bets. I only lost $9.20, but I swear I came close to hitting it big several times. Sadly my strategy of picking horses whose owners or trainers had a jewish last name did not pay off. This was the last weekend the tracks are open, but there's always next year.
Later in the day Sarah got stung by a bee, took Benadryl, and passed out, but all she missed was Adam, Guitar Pete, and I going to a party at Nancy's apartment that was crowded and hot and playing terrible dance music. We stayed for maybe an hour or two, long enough for Nancy to be satisfied with us not blowing off her party. As we were walking back we saw a grill abandoned on the street and brought it back to Adam's apartment. Free stuff is awesome.

2 comments:

  1. how did you lose $9.20 making $1.00 bets?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made eleven $1 bets. One of them won me $1.80.

    ReplyDelete