Saturday, September 6, 2008

I'm taking a break from comp sci to blog. We only have one assignment per week, but they're really time consuming so I'm trying to start early. I'm having this mental block on class structures and I really wish I had my files from last year. Damn hard drive.
Friday night we had a dinner party at Lauren's apartment. It all started with a run to the Price Chopper where Lauren announced that she was in need of a good steak, so we bought a london broil in hopes of learning to cook. Fortunately, Nancy's boyfriend Alex volunteered to cook for us instead. We had salad, steak, risotto, and wine, followed by a Bruce Willis movie called Twelve Monkeys which was extremely mediocre compared to the food. Nick got drunk off a glass and a half of wine, so we all got to endlessly make fun of him for it and a good time was had by all. The night ended with baking cookies until 2:30am somehow.
Yesterday was less eventful. I went with Lauren and Alex to Nancy's rugby game at UAlbany and then just sat around most of the day. I got some homework done, but today is my real homework day. I need to study for a quiz in Discrete Structures tomorrow. Yay let's write proofs and truth tables. I have a quiz in Accounting on Thursday too, but I'm waiting for the professor to post a back-test online.
The one thing that's kind of pissing me off is that while I really do like my Economics class, the professor is technology-impaired. The class is supposed to have all its materials available online, but it took him over a week to figure out how to post them, and he hasn't even finished. Right now he has posted the past four lecture powerpoints, and recently some article about modern India, which is great, but what I'd really love to have is a syllabus! I'm sorry, but not having a syllabus available to the class during week 3 of the semester is inexcusable. The only reason I havent made a big deal about it is because I know people who have taken the course and I know it's pretty standard. But seriously, for a teacher to be this inept at posting information online and has not gotten help yet at a school like this is ridiculous.
Ok, done ranting. Back to C++... or proofs... or procrastinating.

No comments:

Post a Comment