Friday, August 22, 2008

Today is packing day, and sadly also my last day of summer. Everyone says it flew by, that is wasn't long enough, or that they wished RPI started after labor day like everybody else in the world. But, seriously? This summer felt like my longest one yet, and I'm completely ready to go back. Being home has been wonderful, and I'm sure the first night back at school I'll be wishing I was sitting in the great room with Mom, talking through our books while Dad cooks some delicious something. Right now though, I'm looking forward to getting to school, seeing all my friends, starting my classes, and finally doing something stimulating after a summer of selling cell phones.
I should be packing right now, but I've already gotten a lot done. I packed most of my clothes, am in the process of finishing laundries, and have grouped together if not packed most of my other miscellaneous things. I don't think it will take me nearly as long as I planned. And I'm really glad Mom and Dad are helping me move in. Doing it alone would suck, even if there weren't three flights of stairs to climb.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could sit in the great room talking to Mom about books while Dad cooked some delicious something! I miss home.... and I wish you were going to be there for Labor Day weekend. :(

    ReplyDelete