Finally I have arrived at RPI! It feels good to be back. I've caught up with most people, and last night we all made dinner at Nick and Adam's apartment. It was just spagetti, but it was fun to have everyone hanging out together, although half distracted by food or guitar hero as it should be. The rest of last night was encompassed by six of us attempting to make a homemade hot air balloon out of candles and a plastic bag. Pete apparently learned that this was possible on wikihow. Unfortunately, wikihow failed us and it didn't work. I think our missing ingredient was helium. Needless to say, it felt like good old RPI again.
My first class today is at 2pm, and I think it's a recitation for the Discrete Structures class I haven't had yet, so I doubt it will be very eventful or informative. My other class this afternoon is Accounting for Decision Making, which I am actually looking forward to. I am way too much Dad's daughter.
I spend the morning re-imaging my laptop since it never fully recovered from the hard drive crash this summer. It took me about an hour and a half to do this because all the freshman were simultaneously using the network to set up their new laptops too, so it was a fun morning. But now all is good and I have all the software I need plus more. All I need now is an external hard drive so I don't keep losing my documents.
As per Kara's request, I promise to upload pictures of my dorm room tonight. It isn't fully decorated or arranged yet, and I'm hoping to make a trip up to the walmart later tonight to get some last minute things. All in all I do really like it though. It's just enough space for me and I have no roommate!
i can't wait to see pictures!!
ReplyDelete