Thursday, July 24, 2008

the "i should have made more money this summer" blues

I'm having regrets about not finding a better job this summer. Sure, it was easy to come back to the job I knew, not have to learn anything (or do much of anything) all summer. But I did the same labor-less job for the same $8/hr I've been getting since I was fourteen. I really just don't think it's worth it anymore. As much as I've enjoyed having it easy, I think I would have preferred to work a little harder and see more of a difference in my bank account than a few hundred dollars. Lesson learned, I guess. I do plan on finding a job in Troy this semester though, and that will make a difference. Next summer I'm going to try to find an internship of some sort, where hopefully I'll make some money or at the very least get experience in my field. Freedom Communications has been a bust.

2 comments:

  1. don't feel too bad about it... what would you have done instead? maybe make $10/hr instead of $8? unless you waitress or bartend, don't expect to make much more than that.

    plus stop for a minute and try to imagine Camilla's dismay when you tell her that you can't work for her all summer. ok, it's a little funny.

    if you're so worried about money, take the bus instead of the train! that will save you $200!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dad was nice enough to pay for my train ticket, so thankfully that's one less thing. As far as Camilla's dismay goes, she'll have to get over it next summer. But you're right, it is a little funny.

    ReplyDelete