Sunday, May 4, 2008

i love rpi

End of semester festivities have continued over the past few days. Wednesday was the last day of classes, so a bunch of us went up to Nick's Vermont house to celebrate. Unfortunately we forgot to bring cameras, but Nick, Adam, Sarah, Nancy, Lauren, Pete and I all had a fantastic time. On Thursday we hung around, attempted to start studying, but were distracted by penny fights and the need to spend the rest of our Bonus Bucks that expire next week. Eventually I did get some amount of work done, I swear. On Friday I woke up early to study, and made significant progress until about 5:00 when we all went to Crossgates to see Iron Man. It was really good and I would recommend it if you like the comic movies. The rest of the night was encompassed by Lauren packing up all her stuff. She has no finals, so she left this weekend. I am not exaggerating when I say this was an all night project; she has a lot of crap. Nancy and I went out to a party down the street at AXP, left after an hour or two because it was lame, and came back after midnight to find them still packing. We eventually got everything into her storage unit using two trips of two cars, and saved enough room for my fridge to reside there for the summer. Yay it's stored!
Yesterday Lauren left. It was very sad. We all got in the car and went with her to the airport to see her off, and then returned to the dorm to go through the things she left behind. I called it "Free Lauren's Stuff day". I acquired a standing air-conditioner/filter thing, a trashcan, some scissors, tape and thumbtacks. Other people got things like a hamper, milk crates, a laptop lock, etc. We also found $25 visa card with which we bought pizza for everyone.
After going through her leftover stuff, we brainstormed what fun things we could do with the large boxes she didn't use. This was the result:
nancy

nick

me

Later last night Nick, Nancy, and I went to Sigma Chi's cinco de mayo party, which was a lot of fun and a good choice for our last party of the semester. And just for mom, here are pictures of the last few days. Overall I'm having a great last week.

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHA! omg running into those boxes is so funny. you win best wipe out ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this made my night...

    FANTASTIC use of boxes.

    jenn

    ReplyDelete