As if the semester wasn't already ending well, yesterday I went to an awesome concert. I randomly got a phone call from my friend Christian telling me that Pepper was in town and he could get me a free ticket. What more needed to be said? For those uninformed, Pepper plays alternative rock and reggae in a style similar to Sublime. Kara can confirm, they are an awesome band.
The show was great. I went with Christian and two of his friends, one of which works at the RPI radio station WRPI, which was the source of our free tickets. Two bands played before them. One was a band called Iration, touring all the way from Hawaii, tributing the Hawaiian heritage of the members of Pepper. The second band was called RedEye Empire and was even better than the first one. Both did an impressive job of managing 6 or 7 musicians on stage at once and having it still sound good. Pepper came on last and they were of course amazing. They played old songs everyone knew the lyrics to and some songs from their new unreleased album. It was an awesome time and yet another great event to end the year with. I love RPI.
i love Pepper. they rock. and so do you for seeing them.
ReplyDelete