Tuesday, May 13, 2008

I suck at updating, but now I'm home. I packed up and drove home last Wednesday. And by "I packed up" I mean I put everything in bags and subsequently had Nick pack my car. My friends are awesome.
We spent the past weekend in the city for Kara's graduation. Yes, she actually graduated. We arrived on Saturday and walked around the city before having dinner with Joe's dad and Hinda. They are both really nice and dinner was fun. We went out that night and failed at playing beruit, karaoke, and pool, but still had a great time. The next morning was Kara's graduation. It was held in Madison Square Garden thanks to the Rangers sucking, so we all got to go. It was a really nice ceremony and Kara's name got called early, which was good because there were 1792 graduates just in the College of Arts and Sciences. I'd post the pictures we took on the street but I'm writing this entry from work, and I'm also positive that they'll make it around to everyone who reads this blog.
Like I said, I'm at work right now. Yeah, yeah, I can't stay away. But so far no customers, so it has been a relaxing morning. It will be nice to make some money this summer; I hate being out of work. Next semester I'm definately going to get a job. Maybe a Verizon store will hire me!
As for the rest of the summer, I'm mostly just looking forward to Israel. It will be such an awesome trip and I really can't wait. I'll have to figure out how to occupy my time for the other three and a half months I'm home for. I've never had this much time off from school without something to be doing. Hopefully some of my friends from school will visit, or maybe we'll have a get together at Nick's Vermont house.
My first semester at school was definately an experience I'll never forget. It went by so fast, but I feel like so much has happened. I feel like I've grown up a lot, become more mature and outgoing. Hey, if I can survive dining hall food for a whole year, (not to mention jumping out of that airplane) I think I can do anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment