Monday, April 14, 2008

Latest news: I got housing for next semester!!! I got the last female room in my building and Sarah is right across the hall from me. Plus it's a single, which is exactly what i wanted, and it's a 5 minute walk to class. I have 98 sq. feet and the kitchen/lounge and the communal bathroom are on either side of me. Getting housing is a bigger deal than I initially realized because this year is the first time in about 10 or 15 years that RPI hasn't had enough housing for everyone who wanted it. About 60 kids didn't get rooms, including Lauren and Cihan's boyfriend Will. They pretty much have to chance it on a wait list or get an off campus apartment.
The lottery generates random numbers that are not dependent on graduation year, but the way it turned out a lot of my friends could have gotten screwed. Adam, Nick, and a few other guys on our hall had really high numbers and would not have gotten housing, but two other guys we know got number 12, and took care of everybody by opening two of the on-campus apartments and inviting them all in. So most of my friends are pretty much split between those two apartments and North Hall, which is were Sarah and I are living. Lauren's boyfriend Pete is living down the hall from us so we'll get to hang out with her pretty often too. The only person who got left out was Cihan, who has a single in another building, but I'm sure she'll still hang out with us if she wants to. I really am excited for next year though, I got a great location.
For your viewing pleasure, I have included a google earth snapshot of my building, and labeled where by classes are so you can see how close I really am. I've also labeled Nason, where I currently live so you can see what I am used to walking.


Ok, so blogspot sucks and my brilliant google earth idea was a bust because you can't read my labels. The uppermost marker is North Hall, the ones in the middle are my classes, and the one on the bottom right is Nason.

1 comment: