So I do realize that it has been far too long since my last update. Being home was great. The move into the new house was exciting, as was living there. Sadly, I left this weekend before being able to see the new pool table for the bonus room, but I'm expecting pictures (this means you, Kara).
Now I'm back at school and classes started this week. I just got out of Computer Science a few minutes ago, where I began to learn the wonders of C++ programming. Today I wrote a program to convert celcius to fahrenheit. It was great. My hardest class this semester will probably be Biology. Like chemistry, there is just a lot of out of class work and memorization to handle, but as long as I study well I'll be ok. My other two classes are Differential Equations and Multivariable Calculus, both of which should be fairly easy since it's just a continuation of Calculus. So far my most interesting class is probably Computer Science. I think it will be really cool.
On another note, Cihan and I got fish. Well, they're really hers, but I helped setup the tanks and therefore claim some amount of ownership. She got a little two gallon tank for a beta, which she named Guierrdos after a pokemon or some stupid thing (I go to a nerdy school), and a ten gallon tank for three goldfish. We named one of the goldfish Will after her boyfriend because it's stupid looking and makes kissy faces. Another one is name Sven for no apparent reason, and the third one is named Sassy because it gets really territorial and eats a lot. It's also gray. The fishtank replaced the TV we never use and the room is more cheerful now.
Next year, Cihan, Lauren, Sarah, and i are thinking about getting an apartment together. We'd save a lot of money on room and board, and it would also be a lot of fun. This idea is premature and not even close to being in planning stages yet, but I think it would be cool. Especially if I got my own room.
Erin,
ReplyDeleteGood Luck this semester!!!!
You and your mom rule in Computer Science. Ancient history I know --but -- I had to take "Programming in Pascal" in my MA program, and your mom pretty much got me through that course -- seriously!
Have fun and work hard,
Love,
Aunt Barb
erin, you are the only person i know that gets excited about the classes you mentioned. i think you are awesome.
ReplyDeletesassy... nice name for your gray fish that eats a lot. haha.
(this is jenn by the way)