So my chem test this morning went well. After years of never studying more than 20 minutes for a high school test, I think I've figured out the appropriate studying method for college. I read the text monday night, re-did the homework and read some last night, and woke up at 6:30 this morning to get coffee and re-read the text. All in all I think it payed off. It was a 30 question test and I probably got a max of 5 or so wrong, so I figure I got a solid B if not better. It did boost my confidence about chemistry though because while I didn't get 100% on the test, I know I am very comfortable with the material and will be able to follow the class more easily now.
On a different note, I think I might drop Global Economics. We met with our advisors yesterday for the first time since orientation. I told him the situation and explained how I felt like I didn't have enough background knowledge of economics to follow the class properly, or enjoy it for that matter. He told me to go with my insticts and that if I don't think I'll like the class I probably won't. He said I shouldn't be paying for a class I don't enjoy (or rather, Dad shouldn't be paying for it!) I explored other available classes and the one I think I might take is Gen. Psych. I always wanted to take a psychology class in high school but never got the opportunity to. A couple of my friends have the class and they told me it is a really good class and the teacher is very interesting. There is a section that meets the same days as my Economics class but at a more convinient time and it is still open for registration. What I plan on doing is calling Mom and Dad tonight to ask them, because I assume Kara is the only one who reads daily, and then hopefully register tonight so I can go to class tomorrow. The only downside is that the return date for books has passed, so I will have to eat the cost of my Economics book and sell it used. It was only a $58 book though, so I don't mind paying if it means I can take a class I'll actually enjoy. I can certainly take it upon myself to learn about current events, but I don't think this economics class is at the appropriate level for me to begin.
thats kinda gay how the book return date is earlier than the drop a class date.
ReplyDeleteWell, the drop deadline is october 19th. Does your school have returns until then?
ReplyDeletei dont know i never returned books, but thats lame.
ReplyDelete