Monday, April 4, 2011

Busy with nothing and everything

So I suck at blogging, what did you expect? No seriously, I've actually been really busy this past week. That and I sometimes lack the attention span to write a decent post. Today I started reading this article about how to increase your attention span and focus. Then I ditched it to write this post. How about that.

First and foremost, I visited Kara and Joe this past weekend and had such a blast. I got to check out Kara's new sick office, meet her coworkers and go out. Then Saturday we checked out some sweet apartments and neighborhood. No definite luck, but that just means I need to visit again! Joe also cooked us a delicious birthday dinner of seafood salad and crab cakes. Yumm. We went out on Saturday with some friends and saw this awesome live band at an Irish bar. Then Sunday we got to walk around the monuments and see the cherry blossoms in bloom. Great weekend.

Now I'm back at school and realizing all the work I have to do this week. I have to design and write some kind of stock trading bot in python for E-commerce class by Monday. While I've never used python before, I'm actually way more worried about all the math in the trading algorithm, but luckily I partnered up with another girl who is a math minor, so hopefully she can school me. I also have to write a philosophy paper about terrorism for Friday, but that should hopefully be a little less intense. We also have a team project for web systems but it's a little more long-term so for now I'm just getting the group organized and setting up a GoogleCode repository for source control. Eventually though, we have to design build some kind of page that lists and filters news stories, keeps track of frequently clicked links, and clusters users based on their interests in order to display the most relevant content to them. Phew. Thank god I'm only taking three classes.

I also have this intense urge to clean our whole apartment. Maybe because it's spring, maybe because my room is a war-zone, or maybe because I need to do laundry like no other, but that will have to happen pretty soon.

This weekend there's this 50 Days' Soiree to celebrate impending graduation. I haven't decided if I will go yet. It's way out in Albany and is a dress-up fancy dinner and dancing event. I'd probably be considering it more if it was a local bar thing like last time, but it's far away and I have nothing to wear and it costs $20. Maybe if I magically have time to go out and buy a dress and shoes and a ticket I will go.

1 comment:

  1. OMG that last project sounds awesome.

    forget the soiree and just go to t he local bar.

    ReplyDelete