Monday, March 28, 2011

Techno-nerd Fail

So, in case you couldn't tell by my terrible photography, this recent vacation has led me to realize how disgustingly out of date my digital camera is. It has five mega-pixels. FIVE MEGA-PIXELS!!! That's basically a camera phone that doesn't make calls. It actually makes me really embarrassed to call myself a tech geek. I'm pretty sure I bought it sophomore or junior year of high school and haven't thought to replace it ever. Needless to say, it's high time for a new one.

I was walking around Best Buy with Sarah this weekend because she's a big camera buff, and while I'm usually a fan of Canon, she might have sold me on Nikon. It seems like for the price I can get more pixels, greater zoom, and cooler colors. If I'm being honest, I've mostly been sold on the cooler colors part. That's all that matters, right?

So far the top contender is a Nikon S3100. Relatively inexpensive and I can get it in this trendy yellow. Thoughts?
I am also SO excited to go visit Kara and Joe in DC this weekend. Celebrating Kara's 25th (what an oldie!) and apartment hunting will be equally exciting and I haven't seen the fattie in forever. I think Kara said I'd get to see her office too, which would be awesome, and apparently Joe is going to cook. This weekend will be a win in all respects.

1 comment:

  1. I dig the color, but I stand by Canon! Don't just go by pixels. You won't notice a different between 10 pixels and 14 pixels unless you it blow up huge

    ReplyDelete