So I have never been a sucker for new year's resolutions. They suck and never hold anyone's interest past a few months. This year, instead of kidding myself and trying to do anything of that sort, I made a last-semester-resolution. Really it was Sarah's idea, but I've adopted and embraced it to ensure that my remaining time at RPI is excessively awesome. We watch a show called How I Met Your Mother (which for those of you who don't know is just a comedy similar to Friends or Seinfeld) and one of the characters has a catch phrase of "Challenge Accepted!" as shown in the clip below.
Barney accepts ridiculous challenges at random points in time and his life is pretty awesome. This semester I am doing the same. I've announced this to all my friends so that whenever anyone is doing something cool, it will be impossible for me to decline invitation. So far this has mostly resulted in people convincing me to go out or stay out when I'm about to go home, but one time Nick and Lauren challenged me to go skiing with them in a foot of powder. My hope is that more awesome things like that occur and I can just do EVERYTHING. Feel free to take part in this and challenge me as you wish.
Needless to say, restarting this blog was a challenge.
In other news, I've just planned a trip to visit Kara and Joe in the beginning of April! Actually on Kara's birthday. We will celebrate her quarter-century life and go apartment hunting and it will be awesome. Until then, I actually only have a few weeks before spring break. The week of March 12th I'll be flying down to the Dominican Republic with Lauren and spending 8 nights at this sweet resort in Puerto Plata. There we'll go scuba diving, wind surfing, and whatever else I get challenged to do.
No comments:
Post a Comment