Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Nerd Overload

The huge downside to the new venture of redesigning this blog sans-template is my lack of self control when it comes to programming projects. Last night I meant to go to billiards club and play some pool because Matt reinstated the club last semester and I have yet to show my support through attendance. Unfortunately I got caught up in this and remained underneath my laptop HTMLing and half-watching Glee. Nerd alert.

I think I've decided though that attempting to start and learn from my current template is the wrong way to go about this. If at some point in the next few days you see my blog looking ugly and design-less, it's because I'm starting from scratch and working my way up to perfection. Bear with me though, because regardless I will still beat Kara at blogging frequency. Booyah.

It will actually be extremely useful in my career to have a better understanding of web programming. This is one of those topics that most students in my major are already proficient at due to nerdyness or hobbies or whatever it is I lack, so I'm excited to get on track. BAH has been hosting some informational phone calls for new hires to get some advice and Q&A from younger employees on their experiences there and I hear a lot about web-based projects. I was a little worried at first that my position there wouldn't be as technical as I'd hoped because my title as consultant could really lend itself to a lot of areas, but I don't think I will have any trouble finding development work, especially if I can web program.

With that said, I must actually go study for my Javascript quiz at 4.

1 comment:

  1. you're well on your way with javascript!

    is funny because i learned everything by taking what somebody else did and changing it. then I just got to understand it more and could create my own.

    can't wait to talk to you about web stuff!!

    ReplyDelete