Thursday, September 17, 2009

I've decided it's going to be tough to keep up with blogging this semester. I feel like I'm just not the writing type. I'll still make an effort, for the sake of my 3 readers who will nag relentlessly if I don't. But be advised, they will be few and boring.

Classes are going surprisingly well this semester, nothing is actually as hard as it seems. I put aside most of the day yesterday to do ModComp, only to realize I was over-complicating things and was able to finish in about an hour. My hardest class will probably be CompOrg again, but I guess I should try not to think of it that way and psych myself out. Also, I just got an email from the professor informing the class that there will be no lecture tomorrow in observance of Rosh Hashanah. Is it bad that I have renewed interest in that class based solely on the fact that the professor is Jewish?

As for non-academic activites, we started taking a swing dancing class last night. It's actually pretty different from what I did with Mom this past summer. Mom and I learned east coast swing, whereas this class teaches lindy hop. It's similar in some ways, but it's not like I'm learning the same things all over again. Sarah and I planned on partnering up with Matt and Nick for the class (Adam conveniently has class that night), but it turns out that the class rotates partners anyway. It's a cool way to meet people, but I kind of wish the rotation was slower. Last night it was like switching partners every 3 minutes. Maybe it will be spread out as the class progresses.

The other day Adam took me mini-golfing, which was really fun because I haven't been in a few years I think. Somehow I'm good at it and I beat him by 3 strokes, to which he responded "We're not coming here again." I offered to compromise and let him take me real golfing sometime. We'll see how that goes. Last week he took me to see the movie 9, which was really cool. I'd recommend it to everyone besides Mom, who has already expressed her distaste.

I started reading Lolita at the start of this semester, and I have to say I just couldn't handle it. Respect goes to Kara and whoever else actually enjoyed it. That was just too much for me. Instead I'm reading Gone with the Wind, which is awesome. Next comes The Time Traveler's Wife. In between my lineup I'll have to read some stuff for Lit class also. Today I started The Minority Report, which is a sci-fi short story that was made into a movie you might remember. It's really good so far.

Other than that, I can't wait to come home in October and go dress shopping! :)

1 comment: