Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Way to fail
I have come to the conclusion that I'm probably going to re-take economics. I'm not going to fail, but realistically the best grade I can get right now is a C. Since Professor "I don't care about students' rights" decided to change his grading policy so close to the end of the semester, there really isn't any way to get a B besides scoring perfectly on this one last exam (which was supposed to be 3!). I emailed him and asked if there was any way he'd be willing to offer an optional final taken during his office hours or something to make up for the test he omitted from the original syllabus and I was shot down with a rude response. If I had taken this course with any other professor it would have been an easy A. Sure I had one bad test, but if there had been an optional final like there was supposed to be, that grade would have replaced it. Now my one screw-up counts for a third of my grade. And thanks to the fact that he makes it ridiculously easy to cheat during tests, there really won't be a curve. Being an honest student really gets you screwed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Great advice Kara - NOT! Cheating is NEVER the answer!
ReplyDeleteLove, Mom (who else?)