Thursday, October 9, 2008

It only took me half a semester

It's finally happened. Record the date. I've finally reached the point where I don't need to go to compsci office hours every thursday! I thought last week was a fluke or an easy assignment, but finished the homework early this week too. Maybe I actually caught up to the rest of the students in my major and can now follow the class! I'm celebrating with english breakfast tea and discrete structures in the library this morning. I sure know how to rejoice.
Next week I have exams in both compsci and discrete structures, so maybe it's good that everybody is going away this weekend and I'll have time to study. I'm not saying I don't still secretly wish they all wind up staying here for the long weekend, I'm just swearing I'll be productive if they don't.
I started reading The Virgin Suicides this week and I really like it. I'm going to start reading again. I'm about halfway through this one and hopefully Kara will mail me Middlesex soon. Note to self: remember to send Fight Club to Kara. I'm not sure if she'll like it as much as she liked some of the others she's been reading recently. I liked the writing style in the same way I liked Vonnegut, which didn't appeal to her, but it's worth a shot.
Ok, enough procrastinating. Back to discrete structures. Why don't I see the difference between permutations and combinations?

No comments:

Post a Comment