Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Another Post?

I guess I'm making up for a summer with no blogging by creating multiple posts per day. Either that or I'm just bored between classes.
So far I've had 3 of my 5 classes, and I like all of them. Yesterday I had accounting which sounds really interesting and useful, and also has a pretty easy grading system. The grade includes only tests, quizzes, and class participation, but any bad quiz grade can be replaced by a good one, and if you do better on the last test than the first, it replaces it as well. Even though this class doesn't count for my major or my humanities electives, I still really want to take it. Maybe I'll minor in management.
My first class this morning was Economics at 8:00am. All I can say about this class is that if the professor was able to keep me awake, alert, and interested having woken up at 7am to horrible coffee, it must be a good class. It's pretty much a two hour lecture, which I normally hate and can't keep my attention, but the professor speaks really well. Dad would like him. I planned on dropping either Accounting or Economics, but I really like both classes. My prediction is that I'll like both of these better than IT and Society, which I have at noon.
The other class I had today was Discrete Structures. I think I'll enjoy this class too. It's logic based math with a lot of modeling and practical applications. Today we just did things like counting and probability, but the professor gives good examples, like the probability of getting a full house while playing poker. This class also doesn't grade based on homework, so I'll need to do really well on all the tests, but it shouldn't be too bad.
With the exception of the coffee incident, day two is going very well.

2 comments:

  1. i love all the posts!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! Glad your classes are so interesting - how will you ever decide what to drop?
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete