Thursday, January 31, 2008
Kara thinks this is stupid, but since she's only the most frequent reader, not the only reader, I'll talk about it anyway. Yesterday I experienced my first computer dump scavenge trip. Cihan and I had the amazing idea of adhereing a keyboard to the outside of our door instead of a white board so that we can join the ranks of RPI nerdity. After learning that RPI trashes computer parts on a regular basis and basically leaves them up for grabs in specified locations, we went on a hunt for keyboards. The difficult part was finding more than one keyboard by the same manufacturer so that we can interchange the keys to have more than one of each letter. At the third dump location we went to, we were successful in not only finding keyboards for our door, but ones for Sarah and Lauren's room across the hall as well. Now leaving messages for eachother becomes a creativity challenge, which is more fun than a white board on which most people just draw inappropriate pictures as they pass by. I thought this was an amazing idea.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
cough cough *NERD* cough
ReplyDeletemaybe i just want to fit in. everybody's doing it...
ReplyDelete