Last night we cooked dinner for the floor. And by "we" I mean mostly Cihan. iIt started out as just a meal for the six of us (Me, Cihan, Lauren, Sarah, Adam, and Nick) but then our chicken was spoiled so we had to buy more anyway and decided to expand it into a floor-wide dinner. Cihan made drumsticks seasoned with lemon, pepper, and rosemary and we made gnocchi (which I cooked) with a turkish yogurt sauce, which was basically plain yogurt, mint, and garlic. It was actually really good. We are probably going to turn it into a weekly thing. If we get everybody who's interested to pitch in like $3, we can buy the ingredients and make a sunday night dinner. That way, no matter what everybody's deal is, whether you're swamped with homework or hungover from saturday night, you can eat some comfort food with your friends and have a good time. All Cihan's idea by the way. I won't try to take credit.
I had my first Calc exam this morning. I think I did pretty well. I had an hour between physics and calc to study, so I went with some guys in my physics lab to an empty classroom to do practice problems and i think that helped a lot. One of the things I love about RPI is that not only are people really smart, but everybody wants to work together to help eachother rather than being competitive about it. People are such nerds here, but it's awesome.
that chicken sounds good. i nominate cihan to bring some for me when you guys visit.
ReplyDeletewe;'re making lasagna next week :)
ReplyDelete