Following the example, and suggestion, of my sister Kara, I have decided to create a blog. I know that I won't be able to match her flair with words, so I won't try to. This will merely serve as an electronic update of my life here at RPI for those I left back home.
To start, I guess I should describe the social life here. My best friend at this point is my roommate Cihan. Somehow a survey asking our taste in music and sleeping hours managed to match out personalities pretty well because we definately have fun together. Our group of friends usually includes Sarah and Lauren, who are roommates across the hall from us, and Adam and Nick, who room together on the guys' side of our floor. So far the most exciting thing we've done here is ditch Welcome-fest last week and ride the CDTA bus into Albany to see a movie. The movie was good, but the adventure of ditching and exploring bus routes was definately fun. There isn't much going on on campus tonight since it is a Sunday, but this whole month is rush, so there are greek events and frat recruitments all over. Last night Cihan and I went to our first RPI party. We followed some soccer guys who live upstairs from us to a "freshman fun night" which was a pretty good time. Since it's a long weekend, I've left all my homework for tomorrow and that will consume most of the day. I do like most of my classes. I have Calc II, which at this point is just Calc I review and is ridiculously easy for me. Then there is Physics which is probably my favorite class. We do some really cool hands-on labs every class and I enjoy the material. It's also really fun for me to be able to discuss answers and methods with people, rather than just explaining and tutoring like highschool. My hardest class at this point is Chem, mostly because I still need to review some high school material and remember what I already know. My least favorite class is still Global Economics. I do find it interesting, but I think it will take me a while to get to the point where I am informed enough about the world around me to have an intelligent conversation about it. I do think it's important for me to learn though, so that's my main reason for keeping the class. I dropped Art & Science of Math after coming to the realization that the class is useless for anyone who isn't a math major. And to be honest, I don't think I'm going to be one. I still love math, but I know there are still more things I can do with my interests and I'd rather spend my time exploring them. All in all I am having an awesome time here and I will write more to describe this when it isn't 1:00 in the morning.
im so happy you made a blog! frat parties are fun and getting along with your roommate is a huge plus. by the way your cat is slowly adjusting to apartment life. shes got a little nervous when her litter box started automatically cleaning itself, but otherwise shes ok.
ReplyDelete