Sunday, March 6, 2011

Clearance Shmearance

Yikes time is flying. Only six days until spring break! This semester has constantly been giving me that feeling that I've been incredibly busy despite the fact that I'm not. With only 12 credits I have a lot of down time, but I always seem to fill it, which is actually fantastic.

I've been in touch with my career manager for BAH in the past few weeks, talking about my current courses and interests so that he can seek out projects I might be suited for come June. It's really exciting and fun to start thinking about. He sent me some literature about social networks and virtual identity theft which was incredibly cool and I can't wait to learn more and get started, especially since my courses (Web Dev and E-commerce) are so well suited. I was also contacted by my recruiter regarding starting the process for security clearance. It's totally crazy how much they need to dig into your life in order to trust you (10 years!) with probably not that much information, but I have nothing to hide so I'm sure I'll be fine and it will totally be an asset to have. My recruiter also repeatedly spoke highly of my career manager, talking about all the time he put into seeking out interesting projects and clients for me, which really just reassures the fact that this job will be awesome. Sometimes things work out.

This past Friday we went into Albany for delicious Thai food at Sukhothai. So good. Inspired, I tried to make pad thai at home today. So bad. From now on I'm sticking to food of my culture. Or takeout.

1 comment: