So I failed at donating blood today. The red cross thinks I'm anemic or something and wouldn't let me. I thought I was doing everything right: eating breakfast, sleeping 8 hours, lying about my weight - the works! I even argued with the nurse that I do this all the time. Can't win them all I guess.
The good news is vacation is approaching even more quickly. Maybe I will start packing today to ensure that I have appropriate luggage. A possible issue on Friday will be what to do with our luggage during the daytime. We're arriving around 12:30 and plan to hang out in Manhattan for the day, but our hotel is at JFK. This will be super convenient the next morning, but I guess we'll have to decide if it makes sense to cab out to the airport twice on Friday to drop off bags first. I was hoping that we might be able to check them at the Port Authority or something for a few hours but after some research I don't think that's a possibility. Alas, we will have to take the challenge as an adventure!
I've put consideration into Kara's thought that I should move this blog to Wordpress. I think I will do it. Blogger is indeed lame and outdated and offers nothing to me. Expect a change following spring break. I will probably hold off on buying my own domain though, primarily because erinatrpi.com will be a pretty stupid blog name come June. I'll have to find some creativity somewhere and come up with something more representative of the new life I'm starting.
Otherwise, this week has continued to be pretty awesome. On Monday night Nick came over and we watched Pocahontas. What a terrible movie. Spoiler Alert( how the hell does John Smith expect to travel back to England on a boat with a bullet wound and no doctor or antibiotics and survive?) DisneyFail. Last night I had dinner at Katie's house. We ordered pizza and had some wine and caught up on life. She's one of a few of my friends who appreciate having a nice red and sharing conversation probably too deep for a Tuesday. WineWin. With any luck, today will conclude with some weekly dollar bowling downtown. You'd think after this semester I'd start to get good at bowling, but my scores are still really inconsistent. I have, however, mastered the technique of "hold the ball wrong, run at the lane, and let go". Maybe I'll join a bowling league at BAH and make new friends.
Are you taking the train or the bus down to NYC? If you take the train, Amtrack will let you check bags with them for the day at around $4 a bag and you are free to get them at the end of the day.
ReplyDeleteI always fail at donating blood. I'm anemic. You must be too.
ReplyDeleteYay WordPress!
Where are you going to go in NYC?